Saturday, December 10, 2011

One of the top 10 meals of my life

Opa. Federal Hill. Providence, RI.

You must go. Right now. Go on. I'll wait...

Oh, while you're putting on your coat, let me tell you what to get: Lebanese tasting menu. It's part chef's whimsy and part old standbys, like hummus and OMGah! house-made feta cheese.  Plus!  Joseph Karam, genius chef-guy, even manages to make vegetables taste so good that I asked The Chef for part of his share. That NEVER ever happens!


Plates as far as the eye can see...One time we needed an annex table for all the small serving plates.  And usually I wish they were regular-sized plates. Oh, and this was just the collection of starters. 
FAIR WARNING: Don't make plans to go out afterwards because you won't be able to move and you will be sad because you'll be sitting in an awesome club with an expensive drink thinking about how your waistband fighting the seventy-unpity thousand pounds of delicious food you just ate is making breathing near-impossible.

Or I imagine that would be true...

Oh dessert, how I love you so...

No comments:

Post a Comment