Monday, December 5, 2011

Zzzzzzzzz...

Last night I went to bed at 10:00 like a good girl, just like always (except when The Chef is away at Man Camp because there's no one to tell me "Go to bed" so I dont't, but that's a story for another day).

And then I woke up at 2:30.

AM.

In the morning, when even most of my students are asleep.

Yesterday we decorated the tree and the house and it was very fun. We put a clock that gongs the Reader's Digest version of a different Christmas ditty each and every hour on the hour. It's a little jarring if you're not expecting it over the course of the day/evening. It makes you go, "Oh. I didn't realize it was XXX o'clock..." and then you move on. Lather, rinse, repeat on the hour every hour.

I thought it would annoy me in the night time, but it didn't.

When I was asleep it didn't.

When it chimed/gonged/whatevered at 3:00 this morning, that was a little annoying. Same thing at 4:00. I vowed that if I heard that danged thing at 5:00 in the danged morning, I was opening the front door and throwing the clock on the dagnabbit lawn. Luckily for the clock, I finally fell back asleep.

Until 5:38 when the alarm went off. If I weren't so lazy and it was my alarm clock and not The Chef's, I would have thrown that on the lawn. One day, alarm clock. Watch your back, because one day, you're destined for the front lawn.

This is my long-winded way of telling you why I have no word count for you. I spent a good part of the day wishing I could go back to bed and the rest of it face-first asleep on couch. (I hope I didn't drool on the leather.)

Well, asleep on the couch until that effing clock chimed a Christmas carol at me.


XOXO (except for you, clock)

No comments:

Post a Comment