Tuesday, January 11, 2011

There's no business... when snow's here (hopefully)

The Chef is at work (ha ha ha) in that pesky limbo of "Do I prep the food for a meeting tomorrow or not, since the office will probably be closed, but then again it might not be." (He is big and important, as are his meetings because they DECIDE things while tasting food. Unlike my meetings where we just eat food and then run out of time. The only thing we decide is to have more meetings.  And, by the way, he has a much better command of the English language than that previous pretend quotation--invented by me--implies.)

I responded to his conundrum, because I am not at work, and have plenty of time to tarry:

I just checked out The Weather Channel and it looks like for reals a snowstorm is coming. But I still don’t believe it. I won’t believe it until I am smothered in snow, wishing I had worn warmer socks. I won’t believe it until a series of snow angels created by woodland creatures have appeared on the front lawn. I won’t believe it until the university has cancelled classes.

But just in case, I bought extra Diet Coke.

This could all be a ruse, created by the Bread and Milk Associations of America.

Oh, you want us to think that's snow, but it could just be powdered sugar from a misplaced doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment